This file summarizes notable changes for each release, but does not describe internal changes unless they are particularly exciting. For complete details please see the corresponding milestones and their associated issues.
New and Noteworthy for Version 0.6.13
- As of 0.6.13 tut is deprecated. Please switch to mdoc. See the migration guide.
:pastemode, thanks Eugene Yokota!
- Switched bintray resolver to https, thanks James Collier!
New and Noteworthy for Version 0.6.12
- Scala 2.13.0
New and Noteworthy for Version 0.6.11
- Scala 2.13.0-RC1
New and Noteworthy for Version 0.6.9
- Updated build to sbt 1.2.6 in hopes of fixing CCE people were getting on project load with 0.6.8. Confidence low!
New and Noteworthy for Version 0.6.8
- Scala 2.13.0-M5
- Build updates, thanks Christopher Davenport!
New and Noteworthy for Version 0.6.7
- Scala 2.12.6, to fix bincompat issue in scala-reflect (see https://github.com/outr/scribe/issues/80)
New and Noteworthy for Version 0.6.6
- Scala 2.13.0-M4, thanks Tim Steinbach.
New and Noteworthy for Version 0.6.5
tutOnlyautocompletion fix from Cody Allen.
- Doc update from Channing Walton.
New and Noteworthy for Version 0.6.4
- tut now fails when the final code shed contains an incomplete expression (thanks Felix Mulder).
- Doc updates from Ryan Williams and David Francoeur.
New and Noteworthy for Version 0.6.3
fork in (Tut, run) := truenow works for real, sorry (thanks again @metasim).
- Build is now modern and uses
sbt-release(finally!) so publishing is no longer a nightmare.
- There is now a wee microsite.
New and Noteworthy for Version 0.6.2
This release forward-ports improvements from 0.5.5 and 0.5.6.
passthroughmodifier for code that generates markdown (thanks @metasim).
fork in (Tut, run) := truenow works (thanks again @metasim).
scalacOptions in Tutnow defaults to
scalacOptions in Testwhich allows Scalameta to work properly (it doesn’t work in console for some reason … thanks @kailuowang and @suhasgaddam).
- Fixes stack overflows with large input files and cleans up the FP micro-library.
New and Noteworthy for Version 0.6.1
This updates scala-xml to 1.0.6 as required by Scala 2.13.0-M1, and reverts removal of 2.10 support. Thanks :sparkles: Frank Thomas :sparkles: for this contribution.
New and Noteworthy for Version 0.6.0
First release for sbt 1.0, courtesy of sparkly :sparkles: Lars Hupel :sparkles:.
master branch for further developments in the 0.5.x series.
New and Noteworthy for Version 0.5.2
Somehow :confused: tpolecat :confused: botched the 0.5.1 release, which didn’t actually include the only change it was intended to include. This uh, fixes that.
New and Noteworthy for Version 0.5.1
This is a bugfix release that fixes an issue which could cause the tut-core dependency to be included in the POM information for artifacts of projects that use tut. Many thanks to :sparkles: Nicolas Rinaudo :sparkles: and :sparkles: Dale Wijnand :sparkles: for prompt and clever sleuthing.
New and Noteworthy for Version 0.5.0
Many thanks to :sparkles: Nicolas Rinaudo :sparkles: and :sparkles: Jisoo Park :sparkles: for their work on this release.
- tut is now an autoplugin.
- Added a
scalacOptions in Tut).
- No longer filters
-Ywarn-unused-importsout, but inherits the default
scalacOptionsfrom the REPL ones.
tutNameFilteris now honoured when monitoring modified files.
New and Noteworthy for Version 0.4.8
decoratemodifier for use with Kramdown, courtesy of Juan Pedro Moreno.
New and Noteworthy for Version 0.4.7
- Added long-awaited
tutQuickcommand, courtesy of Dave Gurnell.
New and Noteworthy for Version 0.4.6
- Added support for 2.12.0 final (thanks Lars Hupel).
- Improved management of Scala versions with scripted tests (thanks again Lars Hupel).
New and Noteworthy for Version 0.4.5
- Added support for 2.12.0-RC2 (thanks Lars Hupel).
New and Noteworthy for Version 0.4.4
- Added support for 2.12.0-RC1 (thanks BenyHill).
:evaluatedmodifier to show only output (thanks Juan Pedro Moreno).
New and Noteworthy for Version 0.4.3
- Updated for 2.12.0-M4 and M5, both of which are in use at the moment.
- Error are now reported using canonical file paths, making it consistent with scalac and sbt (thanks Olivier Blanvillain).
- Compiler option
-Ywarn-unused-importis now removed from options passed to
IMainby tut since it makes the REPL freak out (thanks Jentsch).
.markdownextension is now included in the default name filter (thanks Chris Coffey).
tuttask now returns the complete list of examined files; subdirectories were being ignored (thanks Cody Allen).
tutOnlyfilename completion parser is now available as a public setting, for evil purposes (thanks Adelbert Chang).
scala-xmlversion has been updated to
1.0.5for compatibility with Scala 2.12 (thanks Tsukasa Kitachi).
New and Noteworthy for Version 0.4.2
- Fixed a bug that broke tab completion for multi-project builds.
- Initial support for Scala 2.12 and other build improvements courtesy of @guersam.
New and Noteworthy for Version 0.4.1
- tut is now linked to the sbt org, so an explicit resolver is no longer needed.
:bookmodifiers! See the README for details. Thanks @xuwei-k and @d6y!
New and Noteworthy for Version 0.4.0
tutSourceDirectorycan now contain subdirectories, and can also contain non-text resources like images, which will be copied verbatim. The
tutNameFiltersetting specifies a regex for filenames to interpret (
- The new
tutOnlycommand allows you to run tut on a single file or subdirectory of
tutSourceDirectory. Tab completion works.
- tut is now run in the
Testscope, which means (a) you can include test examples, and (b) the tut runtime does not become a transitive dependency of your project.
- Newlines are preserved verbatim in
silentblocks and in all definitions. In modes where REPL output is shown there is always exactly one blank line between statements, but otherwise newlines are neither removed nor introduced. This really improves formatting.
- The new
:failmodifier asserts that the code in the shed must throw an exception or fail to compile, otherwise it fails the build.